Last year was a stellar sales year for automakers in Europe, but 1999 looks to be less than bright with a market share fight reaching galactic proportions. While 1998's European sales boom surprised everyone, most automakers and analysts agree 1999 will see a decrease in registrations. Sales are forecast to be down about 1.7% to 13.9 million units this year and continue to slide for the next several years, hitting a 12.7 million unit low in 2001, according to Standard & Poors/DRI. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.