TOKYO — Toyota Motor Corp. overcomes an increasingly strong yen and weak domestic sales to post solid operating results for the fiscal year ended March 31. Japan's other major automakers did not fare as well, blaming the strength of the yen against the U.S. dollar and the euro for weaker than expected profits. Toyota credits successful launches in Japan, including the FunCargo, Platz and bB compact cars, and redesigned Crown luxury sedan, for its triumph over weak domestic conditions. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.