DEARBORN, MI – Jim Farley, a metro Detroit native and grandson of a Lincoln Mercury dealer in Grosse Pointe, MI, remembers calling home after completing his MBA from UCLA in 1990 and telling his family he landed a job at Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A. Inc. “There was a long pause on the other end of the line,” he says. Jim Farley Today, Farley, 44, is vice president of Scion, Toyota’s year-old, 3-car offshoot brand aimed at the coveted youth market. He was back home in metro Detroit ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.