Zap says it has received an order from an unnamed U.S. auto dealer for a 100-unit block purchase of the Smart ForTwo model. Last week Zap announced it will be the exclusive importer of the ForTwo model in the U.S., having paid $10 million for the rights to distribute 15,000 of the current-generation model annually here for 10 years. Zap has a near-term goal of 150 dealer outlets selling the model by second-quarter 2005. (See related story: Current Smart ForTwo U.S. Bound) Zap says it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.