Electric vehicle manufacturer Zapworld.com announces that it has delivered six Zap Patrolbike electric bicycles to the University of California at Davis campus bicycle police. The ZAP bicycles use small electric motors that, when combined with pedal power, deliver a “turbo boost” up to 20 mph (32 km/h). U.C. Davis officers held a 500-yard (460 m) sprint and using a radar gun clocked the motor-assisted bicycles at 5-mph (8 km/h) faster than the pedal-only bicycle by the end of the race. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.