Several attempts, including the plan of Malcolm Bricklin and the U.S.-based company Nucarco to take over Zastava, have failed. Bricklin was responsible for importing the Yugo, a cheap hatchback sedan, into the U.S. from communist-led Yugoslavia beginning in the mid-1980s. The quality of the cars was notoriously poor and Yugo America, a New Jersey-based import company, folded four years after Bricklin sold his stake in 1988. The Kragujevac-based plant produces the Zastava Florida. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.