Daimler’s CEO promises pending Mercedes-brand compact cars will boast “highly emotional” designs while reiterating the auto maker’s plans to accelerate the introduction of series-production fuel-cell vehicles. Dieter Zetsche’s remarks, made during a media briefing from New York, underline his vision of a U.S. market served by increasing numbers of small cars and a global proliferation of alternative powertrain technology. Neither of these trends threatens Mercedes’ upscale cachet, he adds. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.