SOLIHULL, U.K. – Armin Mueller is explaining ZF Friedrichshafen's 3-pronged approach to modularity for a group of international journalists visiting the supplier's plant here in the Midlands, the hub of the U.K. auto industry. Mueller, vice president-development for ZF's Lemforder chassis and axle group, says modular contracts fall into three categories: Level 1 jobs limit ZF's responsibility to component logistics, assembly and quality assurance, while Level 2 work gives ZF more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.