Metallic Power's zinc-air fuel cell could replace lead-acid batteries when higher specific energy, greater energy density or very rapid recharge is needed. Offering zero emissions and virtually silent operation, the Carlsbad, CA-based company says it could even replace the internal combustion engine. The system has two principle components — the zinc-air fuel cell and zinc refueling/recycling unit. A zinc-air fuel cell uses the same electrochemical process as zinc-air batteries. However, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.