NEW YORK – Mercedes-Benz's Sprinter division is considering importing smaller vans into the U.S. that are available in Europe. “We'll make a decision on whether to bring them in 2013,” says Claus Tritt, general manager-commercial vehicles. Sprinter sold 18,600 vans through November, up 25% from year-ago, Mercedes says. “December is traditionally a strong month for us,” Tritt says, predicting Sprinter will finish with its best year yet. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.