DETROIT – One of the 19 new or updated vehicles Toyota plans to launch this year in the U.S. will be a hybrid-electric vehicle that “will make waves” in the industry, promises Bob Carter, Toyota Div. group vice president and general manager, who declines to reveal specific details. The new HEV will have “more room than a BMW X5, be faster than a (Volkswagen) TDI and have higher mpg than a Fiat 500,” with “lavish features rarely found in near-luxury ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.