VIENNA – Nissan will invest €167 million ($207 million) to double capacity at its Nissan Mfg. Rus plant in St. Petersburg, Russia, to 100,000 units in the 2014 fiscal year. While the Japanese auto maker will continue building higher-positioned models in St. Petersburg, it will use the capacities of its strategic partner AvtoVAZ to manufacture less-expensive models as well. Nissan will add 538,000 sq.-ft. (50,000 sq.-m) of production space, including press and plastics shops, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.