VIENNA – Star Transmission, a company owned 100% by Daimler, launches production of 5-speed automatic transmissions at a new site in Sebes, Romania. The assembly line, which is partly automated, was transferred to the 96,900-sq.-ft (9,000-sq.-m) site from a Daimler plant in Germany. It consists of two large main lines and 11 preassembly lines. “The transfer of production to Sebes shows that Daimler relies on the proven reliability and flexibility of Star ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.