VIENNA – Production of the Mercedes-Benz G-Class may be moved from the Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik plant in Graz, Austria, to Daimler’s new plant in Hungary,the Kleine Zeitung, a daily newspaper published in Graz, reports. Daimler reportedly is asking for a new contract from Magna Steyr that would lower costs, otherwise it may build the G-Class at the new Mercedes-Benz Mfg. Hungary plant in Kecskemet starting in 2013. Magna Steyr President Guenther Apfalter has confirmed to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.