VIENNA – Volume production of the new 1.5L 4-cyl. EcoBoost gasoline engine is under way at the Ford Romania plant in Craiova, Romania. Also known as the Sigma engine, the 1.5L is the second product to be manufactured at the Craiova engine plant, following launch of the 1.0L 3-cyl. EcoBoost in spring 2012. Ford has invested about €230 million ($299 million) to modernize and upgrade the facility, including nearly €180 million ($234 million) for the 1.0L engine and more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.