MADRID – Ford Spain halts Fiesta output at its Almussafes plant to prepare for assembly of the C-segment Kuga SUV and Transit Connect compact van. The auto maker believes concentrating production of the two models in a single factory will produce savings and serve one of the most important segments in the European market. Kuga builds will begin in the fall, followed later in the year by the Transit Connect. Ford says it may hire employees for a third shift if the European economy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.