VIENNA – General Motors Avto launches serial output of the Chevrolet Cruze hatchback at its plant in St. Petersburg, Russia. The cars, powered by 1.6L or 1.8L gasoline engines, are assembled from complete-knocked-down kits sourced from South Korea. Several parts are sourced from Russia. The first Russian-built Cruze hatchbacks will reach dealerships in January. Russian assembly of the Cruze sedan started in September 2009. The facility also produces the Opel Astra ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.