Honda Malaysia opens a second production line at its plant in Malacca, doubling its output to 400 units a day or 100,000 a year. The 30,000 sq.-ft. (49,200 sq.-m) No.2 Line at its Pegoh factory comes 11 years after the No.1 Line began operations. The expansion creates 700 jobs. Honda Malaysia Managing Director and CEO Yoichiro Ueno says the new line cost 382 million ringgit ($115.2 million), covering building, equipment and facilities. “This investment is crucial in strengthening our ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.