PT Honda Prospect Motor opens its second vehicle factory in Indonesia with a production capacity of 120,000 units annually, raising Honda’s potential output in the Southeast Asian country to 200,000 units a year. The plant, in Karawang, West Java, 47 miles (75 km) east of Jakarta, is producing the Mobilio multi-purpose vehicle with 86% local content as Honda raises the number of local suppliers from 100 to 145. The 3.1 trillion rupiah ($266.6 million) factory, located alongside the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.