Bouncing back from the massive floods that wiped out its Thai production for months, Honda announces a TB20 billion ($674 million) plan to build a new assembly plant and expand its existing operation to raise its production to 420,000 units a year in 2015. The auto maker will spend TB17.5 billion ($587.7 million) to build a 120,000-unit assembly and engine plant in Prachinburi opening in 2015 and TB2 billion ($67.2 million) to expand annual capacity at its Ayutthaya facilities to 300,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.