VIENNA – Indian commercial-vehicle manufacturer Ashok Leyland will phase out production next month at its Avia Ashok Leyland Motors light-truck plant in Prague, Czech Republic. The company says the decision was made due to the current global economic slowdown. Avia Ashok Leyland, which manufactured 1,003 trucks and cab-chassis kits last year, only produced four vehicles this year through May. In recent months it was selling trucks from last year’s production ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.