A Kia spokesman confirms the auto maker and its employee union will discuss plans to expand annual capacity by more than 100,000 units at its combined commercial vehicle-SUV-passenger manufacturing complex in Gwangju, Korea. The Gwangju factory currently produces the Sportage SUV and Soul urban car, in addition to trucks and buses. It also assembles complete-knocked-down units of the Sportage and Soul for subsequent assembly in China. The expansion would entail investment of 171 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.