VIENNA – Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik launches an extensively modernized and expanded Mercedes-Benz G-Class plant at its manufacturing site in Graz, Austria. The automaker says it needed only five weeks to overhaul the 678,000-sq.-ft. (63,000-sq.-m) area to expand production capacity. The main changes include the addition of a new assembly line and equipment upgrades throughout the plant to increase overall capacity and improve product flow. Magna Steyr reportedly invested some ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.