MADRID – Nissan’s Barcelona plant will build an all-new model car after all, now that the Japanese auto maker has reversed an earlier decision to produce the vehicle at either its Sunderland, U.K., operation or Turkey assembly plant. Barcelona initially was targeted for the program, but failure to reach a new concessionary deal with labor unions there late last year had Nissan looking to source the vehicle elsewhere. Only after a deal was struck in January, followed by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.