Optimism growing, North American auto makers for the second consecutive month are pumping up their first-quarter production plans, this time by a net 71,100 units. The revised slate calls for 3,870,000 completions in the quarter, a 12.3% gain compared with prior-year’s 3,445,900 assemblies. Although January ended an estimated 6,500 vehicles shy of plan, February will see an additional 55,600 units built and March output will get a 22,000-unit boost, with the overall Q1 increase ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.