VIENNA – Pilot assembly of a new small car is under way at Adam Opel’s Eisenach, Germany, plant. The facility is preparing for the production of a new model codenamed Junior. “We have the first pilot cars in production,” plant labor leader Harald Lieske is quoted as saying by the German news agency dpa. Lieske says Opel will announce the Junior’s real name this month. Volume production of the car will be launched in January. Opel said earlier it would ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.