Toyota Australia begins exports of its new, locally built 4-cyl. AR series engines to Thailand and Malaysia a week after full production starts at its new Altona engine plant outside Melbourne. It is the first time Toyota Australia has sold stand-alone engines to the two countries. Both gasoline and hybrid versions are being shipped, with the first deliveries expected next month. About 108,000 engines will be produced this year, 85% of them gasoline and 15% hybrid. Toyota expects to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.