Malaysian automotive market-leader Perodua is working toward launching its first in-house model in the next few years. The national car company now builds rebadged Daihatsu models with minimal customizations. The Edge Financial Daily quotes an unnamed official in Perodua’s research-and-development department as saying the planned model will retain the platform and engine sourced from Daihatsu. But it will look and feel different with Perodua designing the upper body and interior ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.