Renault Samsung shuts down its production operations in Busan, South Korea, for 10 working days this month because of sluggish domestic sales and a sudden drop in exports. The auto maker says in a statement the industrywide domestic slowdown and a November decline in exports left it with too great an inventory, which needed correction. A spokesman tells WardsAutoRenault Samsung plans to resume normal operations after the New Year holiday period, but provides no specifics. The auto ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.