VIENNA – Volume assembly of the new-generation Skoda Octavia is under way at GAZ Group’s plant in Nizhny Novgorod, Russia. The Octavia, built from complete-knocked-down kits sourced from Czech Republic, is the third model made at GAZ according to a contract-manufacturing agreement with Volkswagen Group. GAZ launched assembly of the Skoda Yeti from semi-knocked-down kits in November 2011 and switched to CKD in November 2012. It added CKD output of the VW Jetta earlier this ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.