Korea-based Ssangyong Motor is not considering a plant in India, but is poised to begin complete-knocked-down exports of its Rexton 4-door midsize SUV to that market, a spokesman tells WardsAuto. The CKD shipments would begin in the second or third quarter, the spokesman adds, calling reports Ssangyong will invest $1.2 billion in a new vehicle-manufacturing plant in India “very exaggerated.” Instead, the Rexton will be assembled at parent Mahindra and Mahindra’s ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.