Toyota Australia will lay off up to 100 employees and curtail production, citing a drop in export orders. President and CEO Max Yasuda says the voluntary layoffs at the 2,500-worker Altona plant will be accompanied by a rollback in daily output from 470 units to 431. The workforce and production cuts will take place at the end of the month. Toyota says the exact number of layoffs will be based on the number of applications received and the skill-set of those employees. There will be no ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.