Toyota begins building its all-new Vios in Indonesia, initially at 1,000 units a month, as it begins moving the production base for the 4-door subcompact from Thailand. PT Toyota Motor Mfg. Indonesia, which previously imported the sedan from Thailand, is producing the Vios at its plant in Karawang, West Java, after spending 2.5 trillion Indonesian rupiah ($205 million) on its expansion. Toyota Indonesia President Director Masahiro Nonami tells the Jakarta Post continuing strong demand for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.