U.K. auto manufacturing regained strength in October on the back of rising exports. Output rose 6.4% to 148,927 units as exports increased 4.5% to 123,555, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says. After 10 months, manufacturing was up 8.5% to 1,314,518 units, with exports rising 8.0% to 1,060,294 for 80.7% of production. SMMT CEO Paul Everitt says several factors could affect manufacturing momentum in the U.K. “Sustained, high-value investment in (research and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.