U.K. auto makers enjoyed a steady production start in January, indicative of an anticipated strong year, with builds up 1.2% from year-ago to 129,049 units. The Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders says domestic demand boosted output of cars built for the U.K. market 26.1% to 26,938 units, while those made for export fell 3.8% to 102,111. Independent analysts suggest U.K. car production could grow a third bigger by 2016, approaching 2 million vehicles annually, the SMMT ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.