For the second consecutive month, North American auto plants are being called on to increase third-quarter production, this time by some 50,000 vehicles. The latest action comes just 30 days after the industry added some 22,700 assemblies to the July-September production slate and follows an unexpectedly strong second-quarter finish that saw the final June count increase by 98,300 units. Indeed, the revised Q3 outlook, including a 23,300-unit overbuild in July that exceeded the entire ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.