VIENNA – Shanghai Volkswagen Automotive, the joint venture between Volkswagen Group and Chinese auto maker SAIC, manufactures its 1 millionth Skoda. The Skoda Octavia in 2007 was the first model of VW’s Czech subsidiary produced in China. The auto maker does not have its own plant in the country, but it uses Shanghai Volkswagen as manufacturer of its cars. “Making 1 million cars in China within just six years is evidence of our brand’s impressive growth,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.