PARIS – Fuel efficiency in new cars here has improved 5.6% since Jan. 1, when France updated its bonus/malus system by taxing higher-consumption vehicles and lowering the bonus bar for more frugal models. The 1.8 million new cars sold in 2012 in the country averaged 124.3 g/km of carbon dioxide, while the average for the 586,000 cars delivered in first four months this year was just 117.3 g/km (equivalent to 48 mpg [4.9 L/100 km] for a gasoline vehicle), according to the French ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.