India’s auto makers are elated that the government did not single out diesel cars or fuel for fresh taxes in its latest budget. With the taxation question resolved, at least for now, Indian car makers are preparing to implement their diesel expansion plans extensively. Maruti Suzuki India is investing Rs10 billion ($200 million) in a diesel-engine plant with annual capacity of 100,000 units. The funding may be increased later. But, as Maruti Suzuki predominantly makes ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.