MUMBAI – Indian authorities are investigating whether some auto makers are evading customs duties that one tax official says could total Rs20 billion ($363 million). The current inquiry focuses on BMW India, which allegedly underpaid customs duties by Rs5 billion ($91 million) and could face a fine of Rs6.5 billion ($118 million). A finance ministry official says the Central Board of Excise & Customs has reason to suspect that BMW India since 2011 “has been importing ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.