The Indonesian Automotive Manufacturers Assn. (Gaikindo) cuts it 2012 sales forecast 7% as the government prepares to introduce tighter lending rules for vehicle buyers. Starting June 15, the minimum down payment for vehicle purchases jumps from 5% to 30%. The Jakarta Post newspaper reports the Bank of Indonesia and the Capital Market and Financial Institution Supervisory Agency say the policy is needed to prevent potential loan defaults should the Indonesian economy ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.