Kia reportedly will build a plant in Brazil to circumvent the high import tariff that halved its sales in the country in 2012. A press release by Grupo Gandini, the sole importer of Kia vehicles in Brazil, says a production facility will be built, with financing details still being worked out. The release says the plant could be financed entirely by Kia, by Kia in partnership with Grupo Gandini or by Grupo Gandini alone. Asked by WardsAuto whether the Korean auto maker has discussed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.