Toyota is watching the situation closely and is giving priority to the safety of its staff in China as tensions rise between China and Japan in a dispute over territorial claims to uninhabited islands in the East China Sea. Toyota says it will suspend production at two of its Chinese factories from Wednesday until Sept. 29, Reuters reports. Japanese auto makers are scaling back joint-venture production in China following anti-Japan protests that have forced dealerships to close. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.