The Thai government predicts annual eco-car production will soar almost 60% to 935,000 units within five years as next year’s second phase of its promotion of high-fuel-efficiency, low-emissions cars attracts new investment in small vehicles. The program launched in 2007 attracted investment of TB28.8 billion ($921.6 million) from Mitsubishi, Honda, Toyota, Nissan and Suzuki, producing a combined annual capacity of 585,000 units. Board of Investment Secretary-General Udom ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.