Toyota Australia is facing legal action over the way it handled layoffs of 350 workers. The Australian Mfg. Workers Union has filed action in the Federal Court to seek the reinstatement of 12 workers it says were included in the layoffs because of their union activity at Toyota. Lawyer Josh Bornstein says the workers were subjected to targeted and unlawful discrimination. “There is a stench in the way Toyota has gone about these sackings and there is a stench in the way ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.