More than 70% of consumers purchased a car for reasons based on need rather than want, according to an AutoTrader.com “Shopper Frame of Mind” survey. Among events triggering “need-to-buy” situations are accidents and breakdowns involving previously owned vehicles; lifestyle changes such as parenthood; new commutes to work; a new driver in the family and a new job. The study polled more than 1,500 recent vehicle purchasers. Supplementing that was a survey of over ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.