MUMBAI – India’s auto makers look to next month’s Auto Expo 2012 to be a game-changer after months of stagnant or falling sales. With 60 high-profile model launches new to India slated for the 5-day event in New Delhi, they expect 2 million visitors to scrutinize their new products and see and examine the more than 1,000 models on display over 1.35 million sq.-ft. (125,000 sq.-m) of floor space. None of the car companies are looking to the Expo for a sales boost. But ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.