MOSCOW - Russia's flagship auto maker AvtoVAZ is on the verge of a crisis due to an ongoing uncontrollable sales decline that has surprised even company management. Deliveries in April totaled 51,700 units including exports, down 12% from year-ago. The Priora model showed the sharpest decline, tumbling 56% to 4,900 cars, while the Kalina flagship brand skidded 36% to 8,800. Sales of Lada 4x4 vehicles fell 21%, to 3,800. Year-on-year growth was recorded only by the restyled Lada ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.