China’s new-vehicle sales increased 8.3% year-on-year in August to 1.49 million units, the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers reports. Production rose 7.8% to 1.5 million units. The government’s Xinhua news agency reports the CAAM figures show passenger-vehicle sales climbed 8.1% in the year’s first eight months to 10 million units, while production grew 8.7% to 10 million. In a reflection of China’s slowing economy, year-to-date commercial-vehicle ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.