A lack of demand during the Chinese Lunar New Year holiday contributed in January to a 26.4% year-on-year decrease in vehicle sales, to 1.39 million units. The China Association of Automobile Manufacturers says production also tumbled 27.5% to 1.3 million units for the month. Chinese worked only 17 days in January because of the weeklong Spring Festival and the 3-day New Year holiday. The government news agency Xinhua reports passenger-car sales fell 23.8% from a year ago to 1.16 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.